"To Present Everyone Complete in Christ" (Col. 1:28)
The Mission of Peninsula Grace Brethren Church is committed to present everyone complete in Christ. We believe in order to do this we need to meet all six of the church focus areas within our ministries.
1) Introducing Everyone to Christ
2) Leading Everyone in Worship
3) Bringing Everyone into the Life and Love of the Church
4) Building Everyone in the Faith
5) Involving Everyone in Ministry
6) Providing Everyone with Ministry Resources
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
1. Priority of Evangelism
•We will focus on non-churched people, however
discipleship and teaching are still needed.
•If we focus on churched people, then the need for
evangelism will never be felt.
2. Staff to Grow
•We won’t wait until staff are overloaded to expand.
•We will expand early to develop new ministries and to
reach new people.
3. Entrust Leadership to Pastoral Staff and Elders
•Elders appoint leaders, congregation confirms, staff lead,
and elders give counsel.
•Communication between leaders and congregation is
•We are led by Spiritually gifted leadership, not
4. Maintain Leanness - Ability to Change
•We will not allow sacred cows.
•Only Scripture is unchangeable.
5. Commitment to seek and follow God’s leading
•Every plateau is a time to develop the commitment,
desire and resources to do what is necessary to keep
reaching new people.
•We won’t surrender leadership to faces, fences, facilities
6. Encourage each Believer to be Led by the Spirit
•Our role is to teach biblical principles and let the Holy
Spirit apply them.
•We need to stay out of God's way and not limit people by
7. Maintain Unity
•Unity is not often uniformity and not always unanimity.
•Unity results from working toward common goals and
working through differences Biblically.
8. Attitude of Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness
•We will avoid classifying sins as acceptable and not
•Past sin does not necessarily exempt one from
9. Quiet Confidence in Distinctives
•Distinctives are not the most important. We will teach
them, but won’t give them too much attention.
•Biblical support for distinctives is strong. We will practice
them but don’t need to 'protect' them.
10. Pastoral Ministry is Primarily to Shepherd
•The Pastors’ responsibility is to teach, protect, care for
•Pastors demonstrate leadership by example and equip
the saints to do the ministering.
•Pastoral tools include prayer, love, teaching, leadership,
11. Follow valid stewardship principles
•The church is a spiritual organism with biblical
•We will learn to adopt business principles to consistently
carry out our objectives.
12. Worship is primarily directed toward God
•The music ministry of PGBC shall be a biblical, dynamic,
quality expression of our response to God’s grace at work in
•As a result of the diversity of our body, there will be a
diversity in style between the familiar and the fresh with a
blend of the vertical (God directed) and horizontal (man
•Our lead worshippers shall be sensitive to and follow the
Holy Spirit’s guidance, not a set prescription, on how to
best draw the participants into worship.